Stephen P. Affanato
Management Co-Chair, 2013 Cushing-Gavin Awards Dinner
Executive Vice President
New England Mechanical Contractors Association (NEMCA)
Stephen P. Affanato has been Vice President of the New England Mechanical Contractors Association (NEMCA) since 2009. A construction industry trade association for over 100 years, the Quincy-based New England MCA represents premier mechanical construction firms throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.
Before joining NEMCA, Steve was Associate Executive Director of the Building Trades Employers’ Association from 1997 to 2009.
Reflecting his member-contractors’ focus on securing the best-trained, most-highly skilled and licensed workforce, Steve has served as Employer Trustee of major joint training funds for several building trades, including:
- Painters & Allied Trades DC 35 Joint Apprentice & Training Fund [2003 – Present]
- Plasterers & Cement Masons Local 534 Benefit Funds [2001 – Present]
- Boston Carpenters Training Fund [1998 – 2009]
- New England Carpenters Training Fund [1998 – 2009]
- MA Laborers Joint Apprentice Training Committee [1998 – 2009].
Steve served in the U.S. Marine Corps as an Infantry Officer from 1992 to 1996. He is a 1991 graduate of Merrimack College in North Andover MA, and Milton High School in 1987. Steve is married, and he has four children.