About The Labor Guild
SERVING AND CELEBRATING THE LABOR-MANAGEMENT COMMUNITY.
Since 1945, the Guild has provided over 50,000 students and working practitioners with:
- relevant, practitioner-led labor education, professional training and personal development through our school, workshops, forums and conferences
- excellent, neutral conference and meeting spaces
- useful, engaging peer networking and excellent leadership opportunities
- our Cushing-Gavin Awards, which have honored four exceptional professionals from our regional labor relations community each year since 1967.
The Guild values the collective bargaining process as an essential engine driving wage equality, economic and social justice in a vibrant democracy. Training, supporting, connecting and celebrating all the active participants in that process is at the heart of our mission and legacy. Join Us! Invest in YOU! Take a class or workshop! Check out our upcoming events and programs!
“The Guild promotes justice and good order in area workplaces by inspiring, motivating, and helping men and women to act with conscience, and know-how, and courage in labor-management relations.” — Article I of The Labor Guild’s 1945 Charter
The Labor Guild’s mission is to foster a healthy labor-management climate. To that end, we serve our labor-management community by providing educational and communications programs, election services, and significant networking and leadership opportunities, as well as by recognizing and honoring remarkable practitioners from our community’s various constituencies.
As a membership organization, the Labor Guild is open to all who are interested in promoting just, compassionate, and productive workplaces. The Labor Guild supports effective, principled collective bargaining.
The Guild believes in the dignity of the individual person/worker as the cornerstone of a just economic system. We believe that economic decisions have human consequences and moral context. That people have the right to decent and productive work, to fair wages and benefits, to private property and economic initiative.
We value management excellence and have witnessed the essential role and vital contributions of great managers and enlightened employers in the workplace. We admire and respect the invaluable role of committed labor leaders and activists in improving the lives, working conditions and economic security of their members and their communities.
WHO WE SERVE
The Labor Guild welcomes, supports and serves individuals and organizations involved in all aspects of labor-management relations throughout Eastern Massachusetts and beyond.
The Guild’s greatest strength is the caliber, scope and tremendous knowledge-base of its membership and network, from rank-and-file to top practitioners in their respective fields and sectors.
The Labor Guild community embraces individuals and organizations from all our tribes, including:
- Labor (Rank-and-file union members, stewards, union officers/executives, trustees, organizers, and staff. Non-union, contingent, and transitioning workers and the self-employed are warmly welcome.)
- Management (from front-line supervisors to CEOs, Employee Relations/Human Resources executives and staff, benefits professionals, etc.)
- Attorneys (representing labor, management and government agencies)
- Other Stakeholders—representing a wide range of auxiliary professionals, groups and organizations engaged in and/or supporting the labor relations process: arbitrators, mediators, academics, consultants, government officials, economists, social justice advocates, benefits experts, health and safety professionals, writers/researchers, graduate students, etc.
- Friends and supporters.
“BE DOERS OF THE WORD AND NOT HEARERS ONLY, DELUDING YOURSELVES… BUT THE ONE WHO PEERS INTO THE PERFECT LAW OF FREEDOM AND PERSEVERES, AND IS NOT A HEARER WHO FORGETS BUT A DOER WHO ACTS, SUCH A ONE SHALL BE BLESSED IN WHAT HE DOES.” JAMES 1:22-25
Renew your Membership
Membership to join the Guild and its diverse professional network starts at $35 a year.
GET CONNECTED. STAY CONNECTED.
SIGN UP FOR NEWS AND BULLETINS
Keep Up with the Latest from the Guild